Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Black Denim Lit #5: No Sleep Till Deadtown ISBN: 978-1310160646 http://www.bdlit.com

Black Denim Lit #5: No Sleep Till DeadtownJune Stories Released~!













www.bdlit.com




Jinn

Daniel Moore
Gynoid twins greeted Endo when she stepped onto the main floor. Hard plastic and running lights separated molds of female flesh, colored and textured to look like human skin. One claimed Endo had lost color and had low vitamin. The other noticed a drop in weight, red branches forming in her eyes, and asked if she was ill or pregnant. Read more...

Deficit
Sarah Vernetti
On the way home, we stop at a solar-powered red light. I stare absent-mindedly out my window at the truck next to us. Finally, I realize that the woman in the passenger seat is staring back. My heart starts racing. “Mommy, why are those men riding in the back of that truck?” Iris asks. Read more...

The Line of Fate
Suzanne Burns
With her teeth, Tabitha tore the sutures from the middle finger of her left-hand Ostrich glove. The nubby sections of dyed red leather pulled away from each other like a bad cut. The flesh of her middle finger turned purple as she ran cold water over the exposed flesh. “This is almost like getting a new finger.” Read more ...

No Sleep Till Deadtown
Michael Haynes
The smooth pavement of the bridge rolled under her tires. The last smooth ride she’d have. Soon she was in the mist, and the bridge arced downward. The paved road turned to gravel, and her passenger awoke. “I snuffed it, huh?” She didn’t answer, eyes fixed on the road ahead, the narrow, twisting path through the mire. Read more ...

Gladys Collins
John Pace
You have no idea what it is like to live on the street. No, not just to be homeless, but to live as a target for others. Others who despise you for no reason beyond your mere existence. Do you hear me? I cannot work. I cannot even squat in a vacant building, no matter how derelict. The others, they never trust me, and in that world, mistrust becomes just cause for violence. Read more ...

The Cloud
Elaine Olund
I followed the instructions, trapping my thoughts. It worked long enough for me to start to drift to sleep. But I could hear them scratching around in the box, like beetles. And then I felt them. I felt them crawling on me. I felt them chewing my hair, I said. Taking a deep breath of his own and then a long draw from his water tube, he said, Well, clearly, you’re not a box-keeper. Read more ...

Pigs Fry; Pigs Fly
Janet Slike
Her father, oblivious to Hannah’s shame, put three more strips of crunchy, double-smoked bacon on her plate so the serving dish could be replenished with more flesh from the cast-iron skillet. He tugged at his work shirt with greasy fingers, the fat oozing down to give his nails a slick polish. Hannah blamed the medication's side effects, but she wasn’t quite sure how a beta blocker could make her feel like a cannibal. Read more ...

Ripples From The Weather Aggregator
Sean Monaghan
In the line at Heathrow, Jaclyn kept seeing suspicious characters. Any one of these people could be after her. Once she was in the air, it would be all right. Everything would be fine. All she had to do was get off the ground. She wondered if they could touch her once she was through passport control. Did they have people on the other side? Surely not. Read more ...

Woot~!

No comments:

Post a Comment