Tuesday, May 6, 2014

May Stories Released~! Online [The Avatar Self and Other Stories]

Black Denim Lit #4 [May, 2014]May Stories Released~!

, , , , , , www.bdlit.com  

Susan E. Sage We have a room devoted to the avatars in the monastery. People venture here from all over to see the sacred objects — the dolls — that once carried spirits from one body to another. I suppose my avatar is among them, but since they all look pretty much the same, I’ve never tried to figure out the exact vessel. Read More...

Boomtown Guide For The Perplexed Michael Reilly As he and Rose left for Morton’s, he pressed his unruly hair into place with his fingers. The elevator opened, they got on, and they did not talk as they descended. In the dark basement they groped without confidence toward the freight elevator. Charley heard a loud crash and felt Rose’s fingers grab his arm for a second, then she apparently fell. “Oh no!” By her voice, she had started crying. Read More...

Bingo Lela Marie De La Garza Earth had introduced bingo to Orulian, and now the craze was planet wide. Huge bingo complexes were everywhere. Orulian was a large, rich planet, and the prizes were treasures beyond dreams. But there were rules. And getting into a game in the first place was costly. Read More...

Alan Bray The clocks held weights in the shape of pine cones and eggs hung from chains. A feeling of expectation came from behind the little shuttered doors, as if ... But the clocks had all been stopped, all at different times.  “Do you restore these?” Sam asked, wondering if clocks that beat and twitched filled another room. The silence was uncomfortable. Read More...

Crucible Invictus Konstantine Paradias We flew across the English Channel in fifteen seconds flat, breaking the sound barrier twice over. I could see the air molecules heating up as they ground against my skin. Behind me, I could imagine teeth gritting together. Thirty seconds more, we were crossing over Rouen, the TGV a trail of mercury on the countryside. Read More...

  Run Dave Morehouse A couple years ago Edna showed me how she could read lips. I promised I wouldn’t tell. “They’ll say more if they don’t know,” she had whispered. “It’s how I hear the voices.” She told me their secrets. They will keep us here forever. Poor Edna ... nowadays she doesn’t hear anything. Read More...

  Snake Oil Rights Ken Poyner I need to get to wherever this place is. I am the new novelty, straight from the complicated cities and now out in the hinterlands. Even people who come in from thirty miles out are seeing progress these days. No matter how badly they want to do it, yokels cannot stay yokels. If they try, their own children abandon them. Read More...

 Woot~!

No comments:

Post a Comment